Jan 6, 2013

The First Step


A fresh new year with a fresh new start!

New Development is always exciting and I have worked refining, testing and improving our already existing set of recipes. So I thought it was high time to share the love and compile a list of our favourites so you can indulge into some lip smacking baked goodies straight from the oven into your mouth. It's easier than you think I must say.

Here are few cookies that I made yesterday. I think they are quick, easy and always so comforting & delicious. Trying to stick to my goal of eating healthy, I decided to add more nutritive value to these by addition of rolled oats and brown sugar.

ANZAC Cookies: I thought it was a good idea to start with a cookie which is associated with this country since the time of World War I. It stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

Cookies on a parchment paper just before getting baked
It has been claimed that these cookies were sent by wives to soldiers abroad because the ingredients do not spoil easily and they kept well during naval transportation. These are very popular even now in New Zealand. Due to their military connection they are made on ANZAC Day and sold as a fund raising item.

Baked ANZAC cookies
These are really good, very crunchy and nutritious. You can carry them with you on long tours or for camping as they have good shelf life.

I absolutely adore making cookies. I can make one each day of the year. I mean 365 varieties is not a bad idea.

Gingersnap Cookies: I have had heard them for years but never had a chance to bake them myself. Anyone who is interested in baking is interested in knowing more. I was browsing through some recipes and found this one. It turned out fantastic, you have to believe me. The cakey-cookie dough is flavoured with spices, a little bit of brown sugar, a little bit of butter and molasses.

Gingersnap cookies are very flavourful
Chocolate Orange Biscuits: The combination of chocolate and orange is just magical. I never thought it would make such divine tasty biscuits. When it comes to chocolate one can use chocolate chips, chocolate drops, chocolate bits or even broken chocolate slabs. I prefer using chocolate drops, which do not melt easily during baking and tastes even better after they are baked.

Chocolate & Orange Biscuits
I am pleased to say that all the above recipes turned out to be good products as per my expectations. I am sure that these cookies looks yummy to you, so what are you waiting for? 

So folks make that move and give us a buzz to secure your share of those yummy cookies.

Well this is it for now, I will be back soon with another round of delicious baked goods. 


Reshma
The Baker
Chica's Bakehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment